I always feel free and happy wearing oversized clothes, especially tees, shirts and trousers. They have a way of making me look bigger than normal.
I’ve had this vintage shirt for a while now but i’ve been looking for fun ways to wear it without shaping it to my size. I hate tight clothes but i still wear them sometimes especially if its a gown.
Finally decided to wear it out after several contemplations on how to style it.
1. You can easily style your oversized/boyfriend shirt by tucking one side of the shirt just like i did or letting it flow. You can also decide to fold the arms of the shirt if the weather gets too hot.
2. What ever way you decide to style it, make sure you wear it with a skinny or fitted jeans. Wearing a mom jeans or bootcut will make you look funny so do well to avoid that. I decided to go extra by wearing a ripped jean. Remember this post?
3. For a chick look, you can swap the sandals for heels. While for the androgynous woman, brogues will be a nice match.
4. As for accessories, try as much as possible to keep it minimal especially if your shirt has a floral/vintage design.
– If your shirt is plain white then i suggest you experiment with statement earrings and necklace.
– For bags, just go with a tote bag like i did or a small bag pack.
Shirt & bag : Gifted
Ripped jean : Random store
Sandals : @bespokefutureng (on IG)
Were any of the tips hepful? How would you style an oversized shirt? Please leave your comments below and don’t forget to subscribe! Thank you for reading.